Tuesday 7 May 2013

Replacing a Failed wireless adapter

 
As you can see from the print screen that there is only the Ethernet port that is showing in device manager. This could be because the Wireless card has failed, the reason I know this is because if it was a driver issue then the wireless card would still show in the device manager, just under a different name.

To fix the issue I had to make sure that the laptop ha a network adapter in it so I had a look.

 

 

 


And I found that there was a network adapter in there. So I unplugged it from the board......

 

 

 

 

 

 
And replaced it with a brand new one (in the image you can see that there is the same orange sticker on the network adapter, this is because I took the sticker off the old one and placed it on a new one).
 

 



 

 
 
 And replaced it with a brand new one (in the image you can see that there is the same orange sticker on the network adapter, this is because I took the sticker off the old one and placed it on a new one).

 

 Once you have screwed one of the top corner screws into place then plug the White and Black wire in the wireless card the correct way around and test it.

 

 
As you can see in the image that the new network adapter is now showing in the device manager and is now fully working.
 

 

 

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment